Sunday, November 11, 2012

RE: Stories from Women in Computer Science / Information Technology



Dear All

As part of our virtual mentorship efforts we request those willing to share their stories / personal testimonies emanating from their journeys as women in computer science / information technology to send them to me on (dumodl@yahoo.com). We propose to share these stories beginning December 2012. We will share them on the list for purposes of:

  1. Encouraging and mentoring other women
  2. Sharing best practices
  3. Documenting and acknowledging our successes as women

The stories must be short and concise so that the main message is easily gotten. We propose that you submit stories / testimonies along these themes:

  1. The mentoring and support that I have received or not received
  2. How I got into Computer Science / Information technology and the lessons I have learned
  3. The value of belonging to the AfChix Group - my testimony
  4. My leadership journey as a senior woman in computer science / information technology
  5. Key advice for upcoming girls in computer science / information technology
  6. The experiences from a girl in a computer science / information technology programme in a university/college
  7. Challenges I have faced working in the Computer Science / Information technology industry and how I have dealt with them
  8. How I have balanced work and family life as a woman in Computer Science / Information technology
  9. My Internship Experiences
  10. Tips for getting a job as a girl in Computer Science / Information technology


Please choose a theme then write your story in this format:
1.       Names:
2.       Picture (Optional)
3.       Country:
4.       Theme:
5.       Key Messages to other women in Computer Science / Information technology (8 bullet points or less)

No comments:

Post a Comment